Life is a journey...


hello my new found old friend,
an old electric sewing machine
saved from collecting dust in a corner
you were there all along but i didn't notice you until now...


You must think I'm silly, but when I first started sewing in my teens, it was on my grandma's antique Singer peddle sewing machine, so my memory of a sewing machine was that, not something in a box that is portable.

Deep plum linen passport cover with lime green scribble design, scrunched detail with contrasting fuchsia satin lining. Personalized with hand embroidered owner's name.

And so, my journey with you started again. I've decided to make a passport cover for a special friend. A friend who gave me the nudge, to realize my dream, to start my online shop. Her name is Sara. Thank you & Happy Belated Birthday! I hope with this passport jacket, it will start you on your own journey & take you places you wish to go or never thought of going before.

Happy Trails...❤nicole

4 comments:

Shy Siren said...

I'm so unbelievably touched to be the proud owner of an Opus Muse Travel Original... thank you, thank you my dear friend. You are off to great places and I'm so honored to have been along to watch you blossom on this journey. Lots of love, Sara

Craftomania Tools said...

this is beautiful! I love sewing :) you will enjoy it so much!
good luck with the jacket....

OpusMuse said...

Thank you Sara & Noica for your kind words! ;)

Waterrose said...

What a nice gift. My original memory of using a sewing machine is my grandmothers peddle machine too.